Recipes and instructions
Chocolate Obsession, Michael Recchiuti and Fran Gage
- The only English-language book I’ve found that includes a detailed,
complete description of ganache, dipping, and molding.
The Art of Chocolate, Elaine González
- A good introduction for the beginner. Don’t follow her chocolate
recommendations (Peter’s? Blech).
La Maison du Chocolat, Robert Linxe
- Hard-core chocolate cakes, etc. You might also see the
La Maison du Chocolat
web page for inspiration and some very expensive chocolates
or read about
Robert Linxe’s technique on chocophile.com.
The Professional Pastry Chef, Bo Friberg
- Lots of professional-quality recipes for about everything. The
4th edition has been split into two volumes: The Professional Pastry
Chef: Fundamentals of Baking and Pastry, and The Advanced
Professional Pastry Chef.
Professional Baking, Wayne Gisslen
- More textbook-like than Friberg, focusing more on theory. It has
lots of color pictures, but fewer recipes.
© 2003–2005 Brett Wilson